Clipsal CENT-A-METER is an inexpensive new product designed
- It displays the cost of electricity being used on a portable,
easy-to-read LCD monitor inside your home.
- You can assist energy conservation, sustain the environment
and reduce your energy bill if you adopt simple and efficient
energy saving practices.
- Learn how much it costs to operate electrical appliances
and save money.
- It can save you money and help our precious environment.
- It will change the way you think about energy use and conservation
during daily activities.
- Is a remote reading monitor developed to meet community demands
for energy efficiency.
- It is easy to read, easy to use, and easy to install it.
It makes it easy to check out the cost of operating your electrical
- Peak load can be reduced by using the alarm to keep power
usage and cost below a set amount.
- Educate household members about the operating costs of electrical
- Temperature and Humidity shows home comfort level together
with cost of heating or cooling.
- Power and current flow can be checked for correct and efficient
operations of appliances.
Knowledge about the amount of power used enables consumers
to make informed decisions about choosing energy efficient appliances,
use of sustainable "green power" source, reduction
of stand-by power losses and re-scheduling of unnecessary consumption
during peak load periods. The monitoring of ambient comfort levels
inside the home encourages efficient use of space heating and
air-conditioning that are substantial energy users.
The Clipsal CENT-A-METER comprises of a sensor, wireless
transmitter and receiver. The sensor is a clip-on current transformer
that samples the electric current on each active phase wire inside
These readings are aggregated and relayed by the 433 MHz wireless
transmitter to the remote receiver/monitor. The receiver computes
the approximate power use, energy cost and greenhouse gas generation
and displays the results on a large portable LCD screen. Consumers
can input specific country currency and voltage, electricity
tariff rate, greenhouse gas conversion factor and peak load alarm
This product measures domestic electricity use and displays
the cost per hour on a portable display located inside the home.
Additional features include:
- Display of power consumption
- Displays the cost per hour of electricity
- Equivalent greenhouse gas generated
- Indoor ambient temperature and humidity
- The Clipsal CENT-A-METER acts as a safety check to
see if any electric heater, stove, iron, etc. has been left turned
on before leaving home.
- Installation is easy wireless technology and the special
Clip-On sensor to ensure no interruption of supply. The Clipsal
CENT-A-METER must be installed by a licensed electrician.
- Settings and display modes can be viewed and changed by a
push button menu.
- Extra large LCD display. Multiple monitors can be used in
different locations for a single transmitter.
- Additional sensors for 2 and 3 phase power supplies (optional)
- AC/DC power pack for monitor display (optional)
- In the near future, the Clipsal CENT-A-METER will be
available in a wide range of colours and styles to match the
decor in your home or office.
CENT-A-METER is NOT an accumulation revenue meter and cannot
check your energy bill, but may be used to monitor individual
circuits of metered premises to estimate their share of power
The receiver computes the approximate power use, energy cost
and greenhouse gas generation.
- 433Mhz wireless transmission
- Power < 1.0 mW
- Range - Approximately 30 metres
- Accuracy +/- 5%
- Min. 50W - Max 15KW per phase
- Weatherproof transmitter
- Power source 6 x AA alkaline batteries
- Sensor CE compliant (C-tick N12457)
- Suitable for 110/220/230/240/250 VAC & 50/60 Hz
- Currencies $, £ and
Will the Clipsal CENT-A-METER calculate my energy bill?
No. Clipsal CENT-A-METER is not an accumulation revenue
meter and cannot check your energy bill.
It may used to monitor individual circuits of metered premises
to estimate their share of power use.
How long will the batteries last in the Clipsal CENT-A-METER?
Good quality AA size alkaline batteries should give an operating
life of 12 months.
Why do I need a licensed electrician to install the Clipsal CENT-A-METER
Because of the danger of electrocution, Australian electricity
authorities require only licensed electricians to install any
device on electrical wiring located in a meter or fuse box.
Electricians are also trained to know the correct wires that
should be used and to change the default settings of the Clipsal
CENT-A-METER to suit your supply.
They can also advise you on the safety aspects of your electrical
system and correct operation of appliances, to run your home
/ business more efficiently.
Can I save money using the Clipsal CENT-A-METER?
YES, by reducing energy waste.
A number of electrical industry bodies such as the AGO, SEDA,
AGL, CLIPSAL etc have produced publications showing simple strategies
for managing your energy consumption and saving money
The Clipsal CENT-A-METER has been recognised as
a finalist for the Australian Museum Eureka Prize for Industry
The Australian Museum Eureka Prize for Industry is awarded to
any business, company or corporation which (through innovation
or outstanding commitment to research, development or training)
has sought to elevate corporate responsibility for scientific
endeavour to a level consistent with our national capacity and
needs. This non-monetory prize offers prestige and distinction
- plus enduring recognition by having a new species named after
the winner through the Australian Museum's Immortals Program.
The Clipsal CENT-A-METER
is available from Electrical Wholesalers.